Potato is one of the humankind’s favorite food. It is delicious and full of nutrition. However, not all potato recipes are healthy. In fact, most potato fries we buy from the fast food restaurants are harmful to health right away. Do not worry though. Today, we are going to make delicious oven roasted potato fries that will not only surprise your taste buds but also provide unmatched benefits of a most healthy food.
- 4 russet potatoes. scrub lightly but do not peel
- 3 or 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Freshly grounded black pepper
- One pinch of salt
- Dash steak spice seasoning
- Dash smoked paprika
- Cut the potatoes into thick slices with the size of your choice, put them into a pot or bowl, and soak in cold water. You can do this step in advance and soak the potatoes for up to 24 hours.
- Drain the water and pat dry with a paper towel. Arrange the sliced potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with olive oil, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Bake the potato for around 40 minutes until tender and golden crispy on the outside.
- After baking, apply some dashes of steak spice.
Nutritional Information (Approx.)
Following is the nutritional information. Please note that these are approximate values, and the the exact values depend on the weight of potatoes and the amount of olive oil.
- Calories: 1300
- Fat: 60 g
- Carbohydrate: 185 g
- Dietary fiber: 23 g
- Protein: 21 g
This is, most probably, more than one serving. It provides a great balance of healthy fats, healthy complex carbohydrates, high levels of dietary fiber, and a healthy amount of protein.
Instead of buying unhealthy fries from fast food restaurants, make this recipe at home and share this healthy and easy to make dish with your family and friends.