Do you know anyone who cannot even cook an omelet? Probably not. Cooking an omelet is such a basic skill that we expect everyone to have it. However, all omelets are not created equal. An omelet can be only a hunger satisfier or it can be a real treat to your taste buds – the choice is yours.
Here is the recipe of cooking a delicious omelet with a few pro tips. If you are new to cooking, do not worry. You will be able to cook a perfect omelet in few tries.
- 2 Eggs
- Salt and Pepper (You can use black pepper if you prefer)
- 2 tablespoon butter or cooking oil
- 2-3 tablespoon shredded cheese (optional)
- Parsley for garnishing (optional)
- Thinly sliced tomato and onion (optional for a different taste)
- Whisk the eggs, add salt and pepper, and mix. If you are adding tomato and onion, add them now.
Tip: To avoid lumps of salt and pepper, mix salt and pepper in one tablespoon of water and mix it with the eggs. It will mix easily without lumps formation.
- Warm the pan and heat the butter or cooking oil. Coat the pan surface evenly with butter or oil.
- Pour the eggs mixture into the pan. The mixture should sizzle a bit on contact. If it does not, heat the pan a bit more next time.
- Use a spatula to drag the omelet if required. Cook the omelet for 1-2 minutes. If you are cooking in a small pan and the omelet is too thick to cook properly, you might want to change the side to cook both sides properly. If you have added tomato and onion, it is often required to change the side.
- If you are using cheese, top with cheese. Fold the omelet in two or three layers.
Slide the omelet onto a plate and eat while it’s hot.